View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 04:39 PM   #3
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Eowyn Skywalker's post

The day was fair in Imladris; the wind rustled the trees and grass. It was fair and bright; all was quiet and peaceful. And in that time, Hanindur, son of Seragon sat, and watched the trees twitch in the wind.

"Why does the weather play such games, when peace is not to be found, and a shadow roams freely in the lands?" asked Hanindur softly. He sat in the shade of the peaceful trees, and watched. The sun shone brightly, and there was little shadow in the hidden valley, beyond that which lay under the trees.

Birds chirped, as if there was nothing in the world to fear. And they have little to fear, thought Hanindur. Why would they fear, when it is us, the men, and elves that must fear them. Anything could be a spy... who knows what watches in the dark shadows of time?

A cloud drifted over the sun, shadowing the area. It was but a cloud, nothing to be feared, but Hanindur jumped. Shadow... fear and doubt. There was something about the shadows that caused him fear now, ever since the death of his father.

It had been all dark that day, and though the sun still shone, it hung heavily, and darkly in his mind. And evermore his thoughts drifted to shadow, and to darkness... the past that was so dark to him now.
He fell into those dark thoughts, and drifted into a world that no longer existed to him, days before his father's death.

A voice cried out in anger.

Hanindur jumped, shaking himself out of his thoughts, and out of the dark times that he had been recalling. "Where are my elves and Rangers?!?" he heard someone shout. It was the voice of Arathorn.

He jumped up, and walked over to where he had heard the vioce shout, and Hanindur realized that much time had passed, as his shadow grew long as he stepped over to Arathorn. "I am here, if you wish for my help, Lord Arathorn," he said, his voice low. "Your Rangers have not abandoned you."

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-03-2004 at 10:26 AM.