View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 06:30 AM   #25
Potatothan
Haunting Spirit

Potatothan has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Nuwethion looked down at the small child that handed out the flowers to all the men and elves. He looked down as she offered him one. He bowed down to accept the flower. Then he bowed again, took the child at the sides of her head, and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Hanon le little one. My son is not yet as old as you are, but when he will reach your age, I hope he will have the same joy and happiness as you posses." Nuwethion said with a kind smile.

The little girl giggled shyly and went to the others to give them a flower. Eirian looked in Nuwethion's direction and gave the elf a meaningfull look. The little girl sobbed when she last spoke to her father. One of the men walked up to Eirian.

“Your child is extremely kind and giving,” he began. “To be honest, if I were you I would find it difficult to take leave of a family in such times. I admire your strength to do so.” Paladir said.

Nuwethion smiled in himself, but he also knew the grief that Eirian was experiencing. He had left many times, but now that his child was born, it was much more difficult. He also felt sorry for the other men who did not have children, for leaving the blessed realm of Rivendell was on itself extremely hard. Leaving behind famely and friends was even more difficult. He also felt sorry for Eirian. His daughter being blessed by all the men must have been his biggest wound so far. Nuwethion promised himself he would see Eirian return, even if it would mean leaving everything behind but his bones.

He was still looking at the flower and after studying it, he braided it in the braid next to his ear. It was good to have a bit of Rivendell with him. A bit of home.