View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 12:32 PM   #26
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Owacyn was standing distant from the group, he looked into the sky, searching for some trace in the heavens that might permit a favourable journey. Seeing none he scowled and turned away, walking back to The group. He turned to talk to Elladan. "Elladan, I've been scanning the skies. Nothing gives us good fortune. I have a bad feeling about this whole enterprise." Elladan laughed, "Don't be such a grumpy old bastard Owacyn. My father knows what he's doing. He wouldn't let us go if he'd seen something bad in store for us." A weak smile crossed Owacyn's face as he nodded. "I suppose you're right. I shouldn't be worrying so much, I'd just rather be sure." Elrohir nodded and interjected, "I agree with Owacyn, it would be better to have a clear mission. As it is we don't have the first clue how many uruks there are, or where they are." Elladan muttered something in quenya and walked off the the balcony.

Owacyn turned to see Elrond and Arathorn talking in hushed voices and a flicker of aprehension crossed his face. Perhaps Elrond had seen something and just hadn't told anyone. But that was crazy, he trusted Elrond more than anyone else and had great faith in his judgement. He looked over to the waterfall and saw Glorfindel riding his horse back. He smiled, he felt reassured that Glorfindel was here, after all he was a great fighter, if a little unreachable sometimes...