View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #1268
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
This concept of a win feeling "unworthy" or "unjust" or that it has to be a "fair" win is just completely over my head.

Yes, as a mod you try to balance the game as best as you can, but in the end is it truly balanced? There's something that goes overlooked, maybe there's a mistake, or one side always starts with an advantage, whatever the case just think about it. It's like umping a baseball game. Human error, you make a bad call, do you compound the problem by purposefully making another bad call against the other team, to "even" out the number of bad calls? That doesn't make you a fair umpire, that just makes you incompetant.

This trend that every game has to come down to the final lynching for it to be a worthy game, a worthy win, because if it came down to the last lynching than it must have been truly balanced, I think is silly.

I doubt Mith liked having two of her wolves dreamt of and lynched the first two days, and then the third wolf lynched the next. It wasn't any imbalance, that's just how the game unfolded. She didn't say "naughty" village for lynching wolves the first 2 days, lemme even this up a bit. How is that any different from a player trying to evem a game out due to some perceived imbalance?

Wilwa, you died because your pack chose to kill the hunter. That was your choice, no offense met, but sorry your own tough luck. You didn't get a kill because of a ranger protection, again sorry your packs tough luck. Things didn't go the wolves way this time, that's how it unfolded. But maybe you should think about the wolves decisions first before declaring there's some kind of game imbalance.

And maybe the wolves started out in a tighter corner because of the number of gifteds in this game. Maybe they needed some luck to go their way to win, and clearly they didn't get that at the beginning. But how many times does the village need luck go their way to beat the wolves?

All this mid-game tinkering because Mods or someone else feels like one side got the short straw, (and forbid a game not being fair) is part of the recent decline. In poker, is it "fair" if my hand is KK, when someone else's is AA? Each game the village is dealt a hand, and the wolves theirs. You nut up, shut up, and just play the hand your dealt to the best that you can.