View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #1275
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Really, I don't see how that's terribly unbalanced. Of course the way the game ended up going yes, it became that way, but Glirdan can't control the flow of the game, only the start of it. I think the game was as balanced as it could have been.

Also, let's not forget my first game, where I had six wolves. The village still won. My last game Nerwen dreamt three wolves in a row, including the freshly turned cursed I believe, and the game was over far too quickly for my liking. Mods can't predict what players might do or whom the village might lynch. It's impossible.
I don't mean unbalanced in terms of player-strengths, I mean in terms of roles n' rules. See, tum got Rikae and Lottie got Wilwa– that was good playing and good luck. But then the village found a loophole in the rules by which tum could be protected continuously, as long as the Rangers survived. That was, well, a loophole. Add to that the number of players who knew others' roles, and the fact that everyone had a unique role, and thus could basically find the wolves just by elimination.

Look, it's hard to discuss this without making it look like I'm jumping on Gllrdan. It's not that– if you run a complex game with a whole lot of new rules, it's a practical impossibility to think of everything (you, know, "even the very wise cannot see all ends" and all that). I'm just saying that I'm rather glad the phantom killed tum, as the endgame would have been lacking in drama otherwise. As it was, the village still won pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
Yep, I do. Problem is, I played all but two rounds of the game an innocent bystander. I'm a very loyal type of person, and the entire role went against my grain of character. I did my best, you must understand, as soon as I was turned to a wolf, but when I first read the PM saying that Dionysus had been turned, I was pretty upset. I got over it and began plotting away. Inexperienced as I was, my plots went all astray and I ended up losing, and I was sad about that, too.

Or do you mean I should've played the entire game on the wolves side?
Not necessarily– what if you'd never been turned? Some people just assume the Cursed will play for the wolves all along, but that really depends on the player.