View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #735
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
White Tree Mellondu and Mellonin

Father answered the door. Erebemlin's frame filled the door as he gave Father the King's message; the elf then bowed and said, "We will wait for you below." He bowed his head and departed.

When the door closed, Mellondu snorted. "Me. Me! Summoned to the presence of the King? Will that elf stop at nothing? Did I not agree to go with him on his mad quest? Why drag me to the citadel? Why involve the King? Does not the elf trust my word? Confound him! He has more regard for his horse than for a man!"

Mellonin paused at the door, hefting her bag to her shoulder. "I would sooner see the King, than Morien. You are lucky. Perhaps the Queen will be with him." Then she smiled. "For that, perhaps the Lady Estelyn will be at the Inn." She cheered visibly.

Mellondu growled, and paced like a wolf.

"Courage, son, " said Father.

Mellondu halted by the bedroom door, writhing within.

Mother paced softly to his side, and placed her hand on his arm. "You will find no rulers kinder than our King and Queen. Go with joy, son. Go with hope."

"He goes not alone, " replied Father, "for he was not summoned alone. The elf bid me come also."

Mellondu started and his face went white. Mellonin glanced at Mother, and nodded first at Mother, then at Father. Then she nodded at Mellondu. "Stop by the Inn afterwards, and tell me all! May the Valar shine on you." Just after the words left her mouth, she wondered if she had been wise to mention the Valar. Glancing again at her brother's fury, she turned and quickly departed.

Mellondu muttered through clenched teeth at the Valar. Father, straightening his tunic, said "Come. It will not do to keep the King waiting." He stretched his arm towards the door, and let his son lead the way.

Last edited by mark12_30; 07-28-2006 at 08:28 PM.