View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 07:30 AM   #239
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Scyld

“I think you are showing off,” replied Scyld, feeling at once amused and confused. He had tried several times now this morning to jilt her and had only succeeded in brightening her spirits. More than that, if he was any judge of a woman’s body language, she was even flirting with him. He had noticed, for example, how she had shifted the meat to the hip away from him so as to give him a better view of her swinging hips. So what did she want from him?

“Perhaps,” she replied neutrally, still grinning.

“And I think that your skill is not so much a game as you would have me think,” Scyld continued, “but your purposes are your own.” And with that comment they had reached the baker and the conversation was at its end. Without another word he turned and parted from her company. Quite an interesting woman indeed; it would behoove him to keep closer watch on her.

As he entered the company of the rest of the camp, word was abuzz of a day of celebration and contests. Well, that was very fine, though Scyld did not imagine that he should himself have much part in the games. His mental skills far exceeded his physical. No matter; the day would have other purposes.