View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 02:41 AM   #137
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Will set his own mug of tea down carefully on the table. The herbs that Mistress Brandybuck had put in the concoction had gone a long way to ease his pain. But there was still a persistent dull ache that beat at his temples. And try as he might he could not find a comfortable position for his arm. His wrist ached and his broken finger, though well splinted, was beginning to pain him more and more.

Primrose seemed to be keeping up a brave front. There was a decided droop at the corner of her eye and a slight faintness to the smile which betrayed her true weariness. He watched her as she paused in her vegetable chopping to drink some more from her mug of tea.

He scooted to the edge of his chair, pushing his mug away from him as he did so. ‘You know, one of my brother’s broke his leg once. Fell out of a tree. The healer told him he’d heal faster if he rested as much as he could and didn’t move that leg’s bones around too much.’ He pursed his lips as if considering something and how to say it.

‘Now I know what you do is probably none of my business, Prim. But I am tired and hurting and somehow I just don’t think it right to leave you here while I go off to lay down for a bit. It would ease my mind no end if I knew you were resting, too. What do you say if we both go have a bit of a rest in our rooms and agree to have a little supper together later on?’ Will looked hopefully toward her. He was still feeling quite guilty about her accident.