View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #16
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd say that all of Middle Earth is paradise, with the possible exception of Mordor. Or maybe it is for those we read about in LotR. I like that even when the Fellowship is traveling with tight belts, and when Frodo and Sam are down to their last drop of water, it still doesn't seem too bad as I watch from a well-fed and hydrated distance. No one gets sick, is bugged by bugs (with the exception of the midges) and no one ever goes to the ... ah... facilities. The FotR encounters elves and so sees, smells and tastes life in HD format. They also encounter orcs and heroically dispatch them in droves without so much a peep from a loyer or police officer.

Pre-3018, what exactly did Frodo do all day? Take walks, enjoy inns, hang out with his friends, read books. What's not to like about that?

The world is filled with magic, princesses and princes, elves and orcs, lembas, books, wizards and Balrogs. What more of a paradise could you want?