Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 08:45 PM   #37
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Ivy turned to look out at the rest of the hobbits. It seemed that a few of them were concerned about their loved ones. Ivy sighed. She didn't really have anyone to be worried to death about her, and she didn't really have to worry herself about anyone close to her starving to death in her absence. The person she was closest to, after all, was Melody. It seemed as if everything was all to perfect for Ivy, she hadn't anything to worry about. If they left this very moment she would probably have jumped up and ran most of the way there in her excitement. I guess that's a plus... she thought to herself. In fact, she was so deep in thought, she didn't notice Melody standing in front of her at all.

'Ivy? Ivy! Are you listening?' Melody yelled out in frustration at the fact that Ivy was so oblivious.

'Huh? What? Oh! I'm sorry, I was so deep in thought...what did you say?' Ivy said, smiling sheepishly.

'I asked you if you wanted some more tea, and what are you thinking about?'

Ivy graciously accepted the tea, but would not give but a vague hint as to what she was thinking. 'It's almost time. We'll soon be setting out.' she said, grinning her usual mischievous grin. 'Are you all ready?' Ivy added curiously.

'Well, I still have a bit more to pack. It's so exciting!' Melody ranted with a glance at Tom. 'But you don't suppose we'll find any trouble, do you?'

'I usually do, but let's hope there's no danger on our way!' Ivy said just before biting into a piece of cake. She immediately decided to try and eat more sparingly until they came back sucessfully with supplies.

A sudden feeling took over Ivy's body, and she felt that she wanted to be alone. She couldn't understand why she was feeling so odd as of late, for it most certainly was not her way to draw herself from the middle of a crowd, but she had an ill feeling in her heart. She took Melody aside, into an empty corner of the room.

'Oh, Melody,' she began, 'I don't know why, but I've been having a bad feeling about this journey.'

Melody looked at Ivy incredulously. 'What? But you've always wanted to go on an adventure! You can't be having doubts about it now.'

'I know, but I am worried - not for me, you know that I would risk anything to go on an adventure, but what if we run into the very orcs and wargs the dwarves told me about? They seemed reluctant to give me the alternative of going to Bree. What if they're there? What if we have to fight? Will the others be able to take it?' Ivy said each word, gasping at the thought. She gazed at Melody, her eyes filling with sudden fright, and then she cast her eyes down. 'Don't worry, Melody. I am overreacting. I don't know what's gotten into me, but I'm sure I'll be a-right when we leave. We need entertainment.'

Melody's eyes widened, then she looked skeptically at Ivy. 'What are you on to?' she said, eyeing her warily.

'We need a song, and ale! We 'aven't much left, but this is a good occasion to bring out some of the good wine.' she said, the spark in her eye suddenly coming alight. Melody stood dumbfounded at Ivy's sudden change in mood, and she watched as Ivy summoned for the wine to be brought forth, and she led the hobbits in one of her most favourite drinking songs, learned by her father.