View Single Post
Old 05-10-2003, 03:06 AM   #223
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

Horse-maiden, either you're spying on me, or you are telepathic or something.

Quote:
~You want to be placed in a boat and sent over a waterfall when you die
Unbelievable you are. Only thing is, I also want to look (in a feminine way, you morons!) like Aragorn when he died. I mean, the beauty of his youth and the wisdom of his age. Only it'd be the beauty of my youth and...yeah.

Tinuviel, I understand how you feel, and I think that when it's gone to this stage it is starting to be negative. You have four choices - one, to stay as you are, with your friend impatient and irritated when you mention LOTR. Two, you could kill your obsession completely. Three, you could do what Helka suggested. Four, you can do what I did, which is tide it over. However, it might not work for you. I have had an obsession with LOTR for about two years running now, since I started reading the books. It got to the stage where everybody hated me talking about LOTR, and careful to avoid anything that might lead on to it. However, slowly but surely, I've gotten back to 'simmering' - still loving LOTR and perhaps a little bit more over the top than Kem (nickname of Elvish name of friend) would prefer, but at least it's under control and no longer ruining my life, except when I visit BD too often and get behind on my school-work. Which is amended by my abstinence from BD for a while.

That's all I have to say.

~ Elentari II

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: Bekah ]
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote