View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #73
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Branor's eyes darted from the exit to the large man about to pound Therian's face in. He could just quietly leave. Therian got himself in this mess, with his mouth, had he just let Branor do the talking, they would still have the pretty bar lady talking about the hobbits.

Then a thought came to him, what would the King do in this situation? Would the King run and leave his companion behind to face certain death alone? No. Branor had to step in.

"Friend" he said to Olog, giving the man a friendly slap on the shoulder.

"Get your hand off me!" Olog barked. "I don't know you!"

"Sorry. Sorry. I just mean to tell you you don't want to do this and you look like a reasonable man, we can surely work out this misunderstanding." Branor was about as tall as Olog, but not nearly as solid. He tried to buff out the chest as much as possible.

"What mis understanding? This fetcher insulted my wife and me, and now I am going to squash him!" Olog squeezed Therian tighter.

"Therian meant no insult, I assure you. We are not from Minas Anor and I believe it is just a minor miscommunication, since we are not used to your proper speech habits in Gondor. I am not saying you are wrong to feel insulted by my friend's poor manners. I am merely saying it was not his intent to offend and this place was built on laws and customs, yes? I am sure we can come to an agreement resolving this matter, that fits your City's laws. It hardly seems just this boy loses his adorable face, simply because he was looking out for your lady's safety, but did not know she was in your very capable...hands."

Olog looked mostly confused by Branor's exhaustive speech. But it seemed to work as he loosened the grip on Therian and then shoved him away. Olog was probably only using half his strength, and still managed to send Therian into one of the bar stools. "Fine. What's your offer?"

In truth, Branor did not think that far ahead. He only wanted the very large man to let Therian go, because even if Branor wanted to, he knew he would not stand a chance against this troll. And who knows if he had any other dumb bruisers in the tavern. Branor motioned for Therian to slowly move behind him. "My offer? Your wife was the one disrespected, so my offer is to her."

Antian gave Olog a look saying it was ok, let Branor make his offer.

"How can a pretty lady like you be happy with your life, waking up to a dumb oaf like that everyday?"

There was a loud crack, which was no doubt Olog breaking something, but Branor was not curious to find out what it was. Something hit Branor in the back of the leg, but at least they both escaped, in one piece.

When they were both assured they were well away from Olog and the Rohirric Unicorn. Branor panted "I don't think I make a very good spy. I am just going back to regular King Elessar. That is enough action for me!"

Last edited by Boromir88; 03-18-2011 at 08:29 PM.