View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 08:14 PM   #355
Telquellewen Greenleaf

Silmaril

SIGNS YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH LOTR AND ANYTHING MIDDLE EARTH

1. You have at least 300 lotr pics saved on your computer.

2. Your hair is long so that you could style it in elvish. In fact, you go to school in elvish hairdoo everyday! *mine’s gone beyond my waist and is reaching down to my butt*

3. Your uncle told you that you got your high grades “by the grace of legolas” *my uncle really told me that. I couldn’t tell if he was joking with me or trying to insult me. In my mind, i’d say it’s by the grace of eru iluvatar*

4. You stay online *almost practically burning your computer- and your eyes* at, at least 5 tolkien sites for at least 8 hours a day (that is during vacation). *in my case 2pm to 1, 2, 3 or 4 or even 5am nowadays*

5. You socialize more with other tolkien fans on the net, and socialize less in real life.

6. In a restaurant, instead of asking for a mirinda… you asked for miruvor by mistake.

7. Your bedroom wall is covered with pics and posters of lotr *on mine, more than half is legolas’. Sigh…*

8. When checking your school notebooks, subject teachers in school have noticed your numerous doodles of elves etc. They complain that they also cannot understand more than half of what you have written (especially in math) because your notes are mainly in tengwar and sometimes in angerthas.

9. When going to the library, the librarian automatically asks you if you want to borrow: “the usual”

10. You have a mountain of magazines containing anything lotr, no matter how small. *in my case, it’s an orlando bloom pile. I buy a magazine even if the only thing about him in it is just his name! I also bought one even if the only thing about him in it was a picture of his face- just as big as your fingernail, where he was only part of a quiz question.*

11. You gave yourself a legolas action figure as a birthday present.

12. Your friends (not just on the net, but even in real life) call you by your elvish name.

13. Your computer constantly plays your cd of ttt soundtrack, then tomorrow the fotr soundtrack, the following day, ttt again and then…

14. You have fully narrated, from memory, the tale of tinuviel (the silmarillion version and the book of lost tales 2 version) to your parents, asking them which version is better.

15. You greet and to talk to your friends and relatives in elvish, when they ask you what you just said, you roll your eyes on them.

16. You always try sleeping like the elves do- hands folded upon the breast…

17. You write and email your friends and relatives in elvish too. (they don’t understand it but it’s the thought that counts)

18. You always use elf runes and dwarf runes when you type. Those are your favorite fonts.

19. You have plenty of dreams about lotr (most of them are weird though)

20. You have memorized the movie, the soundtrack, the dialogues, the prologue, everything! (due to watching it everyday)

21. You can talk about anything tolkien or middle earth for hours… even days! You have done this!

22. You have submitted a writeup in english class in elvish translation *which garnered me extra points, hahaha*

23. You look into the mirror expecting to see: “a great eye, lidless, wreathed in flame…”

24. On the school bus, you always sing: “the road goes ever on and on. Down from the door where…”

25. More than once, you used tengwar to write your name in a quiz. (your teacher knows who you are anyway) *on the third time, i got scolded*

26. In a quarterly examination, you used tolkien to represent english literature. Then, you also used tolkien in an essay in another major examination in comparison to other literary works such as beowulf, knights of the round table, romeo and juliet, etc. Etc. *i’m in the philippines, but we do have lessons like that*

27. You always win during costume parties. You are the elf. You even defy the theme- if there is a theme (like haloween or something,) they all expect you'd do that anyway! *but one time, i went as yavanna kementari. With the help of two of my close friends, we made a costume out of a net, a silky greenish-gray fabric, leaves and stuff… but my costume still turned out to be the best. There was this small vine with leaves that entwined with the braid in my hair perfectly, but it was kinda itchy*

28. You have seen fotr (the movie) for more than a hundred times, (since the two towers is not out on stores yet, but you have seen it in theatres for 5 times anyway)

29. You watch other movies (old or new) that contain lotr actors in them. *have you watched the movie hamlet with ian holm in it?*

30. The poems about elves, middle earth, and tolkien that you submitted as a class requirement in english, have been published in the school paper.

sad to say that my parents still have'nt allowed me to change my name legally...

*gee, i’ll probably remember some more later…*