View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #453
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ginna

Harreld placed an arm around Ginna and led her out of his smithy. Together they walked towards the baker, where they hoped to find if not Saeryn then at least Eodwine. Either of them could be anywhere, what with the preparations necessary for the wedding. Ginna had fallen silent as they went, oblivious to Harreld watching her. She let out a small sigh which did not escape Harreld's attention.

"What ails you, Ginna?"

She started to deny Harreld's observation but thought the better of it; it would have been unfair to him, and this was a problem they were supposed to face together. "I just cannot help worrying about Father," she finally replied. "He will not make this easy for us, I am certain of it. And--"

Harreld had pulled her gently towards himself and placed a finger over her lips. "Hush, my dear. I had not expected any less from him, and I understand. But do not fret, for I am not about to give you up easily. Indeed, I have no such intention."

Ginna looked up to his eyes. They held no trace of fear, but brimmed with happiness and contentment. It gave her peace - at least for the moment.

And then they heard a faint crashing noise coming from the direction of the smithy. Harreld was the first to run back, with Ginna swiftly tailing him. They entered to catch Garmund and Cnebba in the act of hiding. The smith first looked to his wares and started putting things back in order, leaving Ginna to blow the whistle on the mischief-makers.

"Well someone has got to do some explaining," she said loudly. The two boys froze.

Randvér

As Eodwine left with Thornden, Rand could not help shaking his head and laughing silently at his friend's state. Love does make fools out of even the wisest people. It was a good thing Eodwine had Thornden as his best man, or he would probably show up at his own wedding looking far from a proper groom.

Rand had always liked Thornden, even from the first time he met the soldier in the old mead hall. How come Ginna had not enough sense to fall for him? Rand wondered to himself as he drained his cup of mead.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 04-22-2009 at 08:32 PM.