View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 03:28 PM   #30
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

'Rivendell is nice enough, for those of us who like elvish things. Though I must admit I find it too quiet for my liking.' said Bullroarer. 'Give me a good smial any day to live in, and a nearby Inn to gather with friends and that is enough for this Hobbit.'

He looked up at the two lads who now stood near his table, shuffling their feet. The braver of the two had come forward to greet him and introduce his tongue-tied friend. 'Hal!'he said, as he shook the talkative one's hand. 'And Gaddy, is it?' He waved them to some empty seats. 'Welcome! This is Robin Brandybuck, soon to be a travelling companion of ours when we go to Rivendell.' He looked the two directly, like a fine fox sizing up two plump hens. 'You are going with us, are you not?' They nodded their heads at him, afraid to say 'no'.

He beamed at them and standing, clapped them both on their backs. 'Sit with us and slake your thirst, my hearty adventurers. What will you have?'

Bullroarer motioned once again to the beleaguered Innkeeper.

[ November 23, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]