Thread: obsession
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 05:55 PM   #29
Jeli Baggins
Haunting Spirit

Jeli Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jeli Baggins
Sting

PippinSqueak, I truly can agree with you on that one.... tingly feelings all over! Yes it can definately be <I>anything</I> that even <B>remotely</B> resembles anything about Tolkien, Middle Earth, etc. This also includes walking down the hallway during "passing time" and glancing up at all the seniors/ very tall people. (a lot of them are; maybe 70%) It's so weird the way I feel, can't really describe it. Even of how I generally get blamed for things I didn't do, I just think of my hobbit traits, and how I'm always prone to getting in trouble. I sort of "observe" everyone around me, and I think about their connections to Tolkien's works. I also feel like no one else does this (meaning my friends and ppl in my school) and that I'm different from them. Then when I look outside from my house, car whatever, I am hurt so bad by what these humans do to this world. Looking at the stars I think, are those the same stars as over the Shire? Yeah I really can't wait until another life, a better one, in the Shire. Tolkien has really corrupted me, and sometimes I wish I have never found out about him. There's so much I can say, and sometimes I can even get a teary eyed just thinking about this world, and how I can't wait until something better. I'm not saying my life is bad, because it's not, but I feel sort of incomplete. <P>But about my obsession, I like to take it slow, because I know I'll never feel the same about FotR as I did the first time I saw it in theaters. And that soon enough, RotK will be out of theaters. So I'm trying to slow down these few years, and take none of it for granted. Oh yeah and this is the longest post I've ever made so sorry about the time wasting....
"My dear Frodo! Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you." ~ Gandalf to Frodo
Jeli Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote