Thread: obsession
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 08:17 PM   #32
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

All this that you all are saying makes me feel so happy! I feel like crying. <P>My obsession is not quite as materially extensive as the rest of you, but I feel proud in my young years to have read LotR 7.3 (in progress) times, the Sil at least four times, and the Hobbit 3. I constantly refer to things around me as things from the books, quote lines from the book (not the movie), and have completely broken the bindings of two copies of Lotr so far. I feel a strong, almost grim passion for Middle-Earth which I find hard to explain to others, and I will openly bash any other work of fantasy that claims to be better, or attempts to comptete in popularity. (for this reason I hate Harry Potter) I have known ME since my earliest childhood, and the Hobbit was the first book I ever wanted to read. For years, Tolkien was the only author that I liked, other than his close friend C.S. Lewis, and for years all of my intrests were involved chiefly in discovering Middle Earth. <P>Till a later time,<BR>Iarwain<P>P.S. Many of you may bark at this, but in many ways I enjoy Lewis's Narnia much more than ME. It brings me joy in its greater reality. My background is a forest scene into which I have inserted a lamp post.<p>[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Iarwain ]