View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 05:35 AM   #28
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Reminder Re Personal Safety

Since the maps are now so sensitive I think that this is a good moment to remind everyone that this is a public forum not a private one.

Though there is a relatively small and usually friendly core group of very active members there are a lot of lurkers. Sadly there is no guarantee that just because someone is interested in Tolkien they don't have less wholesome interests - sadly the fact that Tolkien is something that interests both adults and children may make a forum such as this of interest to people with extremely unwholesome interests.

You cannot assume that everything here is "as between friends" so I would recommend NOT placing your flag too close to your real address especially if you are a minor, female living alone, using your real name or have published identifying information (eg on the "Confessional " threads and photographs of yourself. This only echoes guidelines published elsewhere but I know we don't always look at them after we have first joined.

I don't want to be a kill joy but I just want people to think before they put up this kind of information. I know many RL friendships can develop from online starts and have had good personal experience of this but I have also met a few really nasty characters (even on Tolkien sites...) so make friends then once trust is established give them contact details if you wish. Be safe .

Mith

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-15-2006 at 05:42 AM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote