View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #343
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Night 3

The Night came again, swift and cold. The villagers were lamenting their losses, as no wolves had yet been killed, whereas three innocent villagers and their Seer had been taken.

But one by one, the village fell into sleep. All except one. Lommy was sitting, lamenting the death of Legate.

"I told them. I told them. But would they listen?" she said to herself, over and over again. She lost all hope of them ever being able to save the village from the wolves.

Then, she felt something cold touch the back of her neck, and she saw and felt no more.

---

The next morning, the village assembled in the square, as was the custom by now. Eönwë spoke to the crowd. "Are we all here?"

"I am sad to say that we are missing Lommy." said Nogrod. There was no trace of her in her home, and it took a long time for people to find anything that would give them a clue as to what had happened that night.

Eventually, her blood-soaked remains were found left in the old well. This well had mysteriously dried up a few days before the first wolf arrived, and they had spent the last few weeks filling it up. It was now almost filled up, only around two metres deep.

They decided to leave Lommy's body where it was found, and continue filling in the well, which was now also a grave, and it was known as the Well of Lommy until the last days of the village, and the gardens of Upper Downsbury never again received as much love and attention as when Lommy had been alive.

Nogrod said, "I should have given her the protection instead of being so selfish!" The realisation that she was dead had still not sunk in for Nogrod and Greenie.

They went back to the village square. Eönwë stood there, with the same gloomy expression that had become part of his face for the last few days.

"Today we really need to catch a wolf. We have already lost four, and they have lost none. Please make your votes today count. We do not want to lose any more of us.

Living:
A Little Green- the village butcher
alonariel- the village blacksmith
Boromir88- the village pig farmer
Brinniel- the village witch
Hakon- the village innkeeper
Inziladun- the village brewer
McCaber- chief (only) miner, head of miners' guild
Nerwen- a wandering minstrel
Nessa Telrunya- the village seamstress
Nienna- the village potter
Nilpaurion Felagund- the village fool
Nogrod- the retired bourgeois
Pitchwife- the village mason
satansaloser2005- The village librarian (Mistress of the books)
Shastanis Althreduin- the village apothecary
wilwarin538- the village barmaid

The Dead
Kitanna- the village hermit - Seer
Mnemosyne- the village coquette - Innocent
Legate of Amon Lanc- the village broker - Innocent
Thinlómien- the village chief gardener - Innocent

The sun has risen on Day 3. You may resume posting.