View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 04:10 PM   #296
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
... was that about what you were thinking?
...It's better than an opera!

And it's totally going into the appendices. ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Coming back onto topic... yes, I've got another video completed!

The Duel of Song

(I'm tweaking the titles a little as I go; I think 'The Duel of Song' is better than the bland 'of Finrod and Sauron', dunno 'bout you.)
Sauron is magnificent!!!

Did you change the background picture for Valinor? It looks different somehow. Or is it just that there is more of it visible now?

I've updated both video links now, and changed the title to Duel of Song. I agree that it is more poetic. My nicknames for titles tend to be in the Not Poetic direction - like Bloodzoning or Tonguelashing. I don't think we'll use those. But in all fairness, I agree that some songs can use more poetic names rather than the somewhat austere and literal titles they are given in the Russian libretto.

In somewhat related news, I was thinking about what to tackle next, and decided that certain songs have prerequisites.
  • Hate - I would prefer to do both Bloodzoning and Aria first, so it flows better
  • Aria - in turn, would be following Quarrel, and to make the transition smoother they would ideally be written chronologically too
  • Showdown - I'd rather do the gentler version in Dream first before it gets all Song of Power again
  • Epilogue - I don't want to touch that one until all the themes it uses are actually in play. I want the songs to influence Epilogue, not the other way around.

I've been sketching a couple songs, but don't have any completed sketches, so nothing I'm set on. If we still want to do a Luthien song, I would prefer to take a small break from the Bros, and then come back to them with renewed energy and angst. That leaves Meeting and Dream. I have ideas for both of them. BUT. Meeting is missing like half the chords - what it does have isn't something I can really work with. So it will be a nightmare to sketch, and will consequently take longer (also I think it's a longer piece just by length). Dream, at first glance, looks easier, and I would be finished quicker. So the only determining factor here is the timeline we are aiming for. If you are expecting more free time, I would probably go with something quicker on my end to match that (either Dream or any number of other songs, if Luthien is not to be involved - basically anything except for the "prerequisite songs"). My preference would be either the Luthien songs or any of the Nargothrond-set songs.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 10-01-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote