View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 05:41 PM   #255
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
My save is filled, and here's the plan for the rest of the journey:
  • Wednesday, October 27 - Thursday, October 28: Travel along the East Road
  • Friday, October 29 - Saturday, October 30: Skirmish past the Last Bridge (Stone Trolls area)
  • Sunday, October 31 - Monday, November 1: Flee past the Trollshaws
  • Tuesday, November 2 - Wednesday, November 3: Skirmish at/before/over the Ford of Bruinen
  • Thursday, November 4: Arrival at Rivendell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil
Oh, and at the Stone Trolls I was planning on (with Kransha's approval, naturally) killing off Bubkur after a huge battle, then taking the poisoned arrow from Kransha and being incapacitated for the rest of the game.
And from earlier in the thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil
Saurreg PMed me earlier about if I could get injured while saving Andas Loudewater, so I decided to work around that. When we've reached the Stone Trolls, we'll get attacked by orcs, and Kransha (the orc Kransha named after himself) will be among them. We'll be fighting as usual, and I'll see him aim an arrow at Loudewater. I'll run up, push him aside, and take the blow myself, leaving only Menecar standing between Kransha and Loudewater. (Dragon Elf said he wanted to take on Kransha, so that's why this situation would develop.) My right arm would be crippled, and the arrow will most likely be poisoned.
Meneltarmacil, Kransha, and Saurreg: Please finalize what is to happen. This skirmish will occur beginning FRIDAY, so make your plans or I will make them for you.

Kransha, Fordim, and Prim: Please come up with a plan of battle. I've sketched out the places and real times for the skirmishes, but as the baddies it's your call on how you attack and how hard. Go ahead and plan here on the thread - considering our tight time schedule, everyone needs to know what is going on. Thanks!

Depending on which skirmish is harder-fought, I've decided to kill off Menecar. Nothing against either the character or Dragon Elf, but he's now merely a carry-along character, and in the nature of this game, it's highly unlikely we'd get through without somebody dying. Right now I'm leaning toward him dying in the battle at the Ford... but that's in absence of any better ideas. Suggestions?

Envinyatar, have you given any thought to how we're going to end it up? I did some more thinking, and the nature of the battle at the Ford will have a lot to do with it. Namely, the state of the enemy's forces when it's over.

One last announcement: The battle at Weathertop got a little confusing for me, with lots of people posting, the timeline jumping back and forth, and the same combats being re-told. So I'm making 2 requests:

1. Baddies, please specify up front - BEFORE the skirmish starts - how many orcs and trolls will be fighting and WHEN they will be entering the scene.

2. Everyone, write 1 or 2 battle posts ONLY. I don't want to see 4 different 10-sentence posts from the same person. If you want to write more, make your 1 or 2 posts longer. Write CLEARLY so the other writers know what's going on and minimize how much you take the current timeline back. (If the person before you ends his post halfway into the battle, try not to start yours at the very beginning. Pick up where he left off, if you can.)

Meneltarmacil, I just saw your post. It seems to fit in right after my save, and since Envinyatar will get us moving the next morning and Prim will carry on for the baddies, I'll pasted it into the end of mine. Is that all right?

I think that's all for now. Carry on!

Nuranar

Last edited by Nuranar; 10-26-2004 at 09:31 PM.