View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #38
elbenprincess
Haunting Spirit

elbenprincess has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Earendil sailed to Valinor for love of elves and men. This is precisely why they are the greatest and most beloved Children of Illuvatar.
Many elves before him tried the same, they only hadnīt the luck having the Silmaril with them. IMHO that was the reason he was successful, he tried several times before but wasnīt able to go to Aman, till he had the Silmaril. I donīt know if it makes him the greatest of the children, he is never called it, he was fated to reach Aman and so help the people of ME, but you are right that he is the most beloved, Galadriel refered to him as their most beloved star.

Quote:
Luthien marched into Hell itself and dared put Morgoth to sleep. Luthien and Beren managed to do what all the Noldor could not, she took a Silmaril from Morgoth.
I do not deny it, but it was due to a selfish desire (even if this is absoutely comprehensible) , namely so that they could be together, I doubt they had in mind the salvation of all ME. To be honest I find Frodo more heroic, sure he doesnīt used that cool magic and his tale is not that dramatic, but he did it to save ALL people, he was selfless.
elbenprincess is offline   Reply With Quote