View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 11:32 PM   #378
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The small hobbit Cami stood by the board valiantly trying to read everyone's post. She adjusted her spectacles on her nose, and strained her eyes, for indeed she was having an awful time.

She shook her head and moaned, "I am no Elf who has the gift of far seeing, and who can spot a scout faring some five miles away. I am a poor and elderly hobbit whose eyes are afflicted by a strange disease called "lack of paragraphs."

"I see folk here who do have something to say, but who put it all into a single block, with no paragraph breaks whatsoever. And with all of those sentences smashed tightly together, it is impossible for this poor hobbit to read any of their messages, which is a very sad thing.

"To help these folk out--especially Valeria and Derakis, I will edit their messages and magically make paragraphs appear. And I beg and I plead that next time they are here, they make sure to do this themselves."

"Others have visited the Inn, but failed to have much to say other than a chance line here and there, or a chatty retort. If you are one of these poor fellows, please edit your posts and add some content so that you comply with the rules listed below. If this is not done, you will see your posts disappear in the flash of an eye."

"And this one small hobbit and Innkeeper will be much obliged if everyone here follows the rules:

1. No chat-style rpgs, or one liners,
2. A minimum of two paragraphs per post, and two sentences per paragraphs."

Cami nodded to the group and headed out to fight the disease "lack of paragraphs"! And to those who followed the rules and produced quality posts, Cami politely bowed her head to acknowledge their contribution. Special kudos to Deorlin and Sadbh.....

[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]