View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 07:46 AM   #380
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Day had passed in the Shire as the bright afternoon turned to a dim evening. Soronūmė was still sat and the table with the star maiden Elwen.

Elwen had asked Soronūmė to play her flute and she held it out to him. It was a beautiful instrument and very capable of enchanting music in the hands of a skilled player. Soronūmė was not that. "I am sorry my lady for I am no musician. Certainly not one worthy of playing the flute you hold so dear." Soronūmė extended his arm and carefully closed the maiden's hand around the cool metal. Elwen recoiled her hand, looking somewhat puzzled and disappointed. She had been so sure she had found another who could play her flute, and didn't doubt that he could. To Elwen, Soronūmė seemed to be hiding something, she had heard him sing earlier and knew he was talented.

Soronūmė looked up to a window on a far wall, avoiding eye contact with the star maiden. Finally he said, "If you will excuse my lady, I should be on my way." Soronūmė picked himself up and fastened his mantle about his shoulders. Raising his hood he made way to the door he smiled to Elwen as he left. Elwen too got up and followed Soronūmė outside.