View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 02:47 AM   #68
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivriniel View Post
I was looking forwards to your response. I'm grinning. I never fail to be 'impressed' by variations in ......Shelob.....um, now the grin's growing into an....hm...Yrch-ish grin, nah, um, more just a fun grin as I type and speak out loud my response.

You see.....Shelob was ....um....Ung......no, I must refrain. Ungoliant is reserved for 'emergencies'. I don't think we're at that point yet. I think we're at the point where the point is that point of the prior poster...hahahaha. really just needs to be ...as full of snipes as ...um....hahahaha is 'polite', yet as full of gripes as is 'impolite' and as...Galadriel was UNfriends forever with, wasn't it Feanor....

So, that's about as much as needs to be added to the point about your point that no prior point matters to any degree of point, except to be pointy, perhaps barbed hahaha, but no extra POINT to the points.

enjoy - I'm laughing - are we at Ungoliant yet?
You may well think the gibberish you are typing is cute or witty, but it is just gibberish. You have often resorted to gibberish in this thread when another poster proves a point through research. It must be some sort of psychologically regressive fallback. Like when a child sucks its thumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivriniel View Post
The prof T was making addendums to his narratives to the day he died. There's no such thing as 'he wrote it on the second minute of the 3rd day of nineteen hundred and 28 ergo - canonised forever as 'the truth, the proof and the justification to get.....snipy.... about dates). As we know of the materials, each chapter he wrote forwards, he was back-revising as well.

So, about 'treacheries' Hobbits and LotR's, I believe the central point being made has been made. We've all made the point we've made. The made points are made to be made and made. Not UNmade - and that's a joke about what JRRT used to do as a linguist.
We are all aware Tolkien made changes to his stories. He was an inveterate tinkerer. However, he was not writing about Hobbits in 1918, he was not referring to Sauron as Thû in 1965, and the idea of the corruptive One Ring became a plot point while he was writing Lord of the Rings, after The Hobbit was published and selling. In fact, the very addendums you rabbit on about occurred with The Hobbit -- it had to be revised to meet the ideas created in the new book, the idea of the One Ring had to be established through Gollum, because it wasn't there before.

Because the One Ring wasn't there before, because it was a new idea (writers sometimes get them). Like Aragorn wasn't there before. Or Théoden. Or the Second Age. Or Primula Brandybuck. Or the Nazgul.