View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #304
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
If you had seen me in other games, you'd know that I typically like to keep alive players who are newbies, infrequent players, or someone who tends to get Day 1 lynched often for the first Day or two. To me, it's a matter of fairness. It can be more frustrating as first time player, someone who hasn't played in a long time, or someone who always dies early compared to a regular to hardly play before getting killed, especially as a Day One lynch when reasoning behind suspicion isn't all that strong. WW is supposed to be fun and sometimes that situation takes out the fun and discourages the player from joining another game. I've seen it happen before.
-Brinn
I mean nothing ill, fairness is just something I don't understand for this...Maybe it's just the person, but I don't want to be given easy treatment just because this is my first game. I want to be judged on the same standards (although some differences are understandable), but the fact that if someone was suspicious of me, but didn't vote for me because I'm new and ended up voting for Nienna, that doesn't seem very fair to her and it also makes me feel kind of crappy. Like..."Wow the only reason I'm alive is because of the pity for me being a newbie."

This seems like a bad game to try to be fair, because it's virtually impossible, someone will always be screwed on Day 1, just as someone will always be screwed for the wolves first killed. That's the reality, and I would have been frustrated had I been lynched in my first day, but I would have understood, and I feel pretty crappy if I find out someone else was lynced because people are taking it easy on me.

This is probably just different opinions on the matter, but if you do find an effective way to be fair in this game, please let me know.

Speaking of fairness...
Quote:
Kent: even smilies are fair game to be analyzed.
-Fea
Agreed, but when you call someone talking about personal titles a stretch and proceed to analyze the placement of that person's smilies, that just looks silly.