View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #22
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
... knew her in her short life.
Huor wedded Rían, the cousin of Morwen; she was the daughter of Belegund son of Bregolas. By hard fate was she born into such days, for she was gentle of heart and loved neither hunting nor war. Her love was given to trees and to the flowers of the wild, and she was a singer and a maker of songs. Two months only had she been wedded to Huor when he went with his brother to the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, and she never saw him again.{ 1}

NA-TI-02b <CoH But now the tale returns to Húrin and Huor in the days of their youth. It is said that for a while the sons of Galdor dwelt in Brethil as foster-sons of Haldir their uncle, according to the custom of Men in that time. They often went to battle with the Men of Brethil against the Orcs, who now harried the northern borders of their land; for Húrin, though only seventeen years of age, was strong, and Huor the younger was already as tall as most full-grown men of that people.
On a time Húrin and Huor went with a company of scouts, but they were ambushed by the Orcs and scattered, and the brother were pursued to the ford of Brithiach. There ...
This is the intro to the yourney to Gondolin. It is changed in sofar as the battle with the Orcs is not a speacial one which in my view is disearable. I changed the complet text of teh Gondolin episode to CoH since it is easier in the text composition without changing anythink substantially from out composit text from Sil77 and GA.
Quote:
At this time Túrin was almost eight years old, in the month of Gwaeron in the reckoning of the Edain, in the year that cannot be forgotten. Already there were rumours among his elders of a great mustering and gathering of arms, of which Túrin heard nothing; NA-EX-15.1 <CoH though he marked that his father often looked steadfastly at him, as a man might look at something dear that he must part from.
Now> {and} Húrin, knowing her courage and her guarded tongue, often spoke with Morwen ...
‘If such an evil time should indeed come, what help would there be in Men?’ said Morwen. ‘The House of Bëor has fallen. If the great House of Hador falls, in what holes shall the little Folk of Haleth creep?’
NA-EX-15.2 <CoH ‘In such as they can find,’ said Húrin, ‘but do not doubt their valour, though they are few and unlearned >{‘They are few and unlearned, but do not doubt their valour,’ said Húrin. ‘}Where else is hope?’
‘You do not speak of Gondolin,’ said Morwen.
‘Then if your kin are not hopeful, and your friends deny you,’ said Morwen, ‘I must take counsel for myself; and to me now comes the thought of Doriath. NA-EX-15.3 <CoH
‘Ever your aim is high,’ said Húrin.
‘Over-high, you would say?’ said Morwen. ‘But last> {Last} of all defences will the Girdle of Melian be broken, I think; ...
... the Elven-kings are resolved to restore all the fiefs of Bëor's house to his {heirs;} NA-EX-15.4 <CoH heir; and that is you Morwen daughter of Baragund. Wied lordship we should then wield,> and a high inheritance will come to our son.’
NA-EX-15.5 <CoH ‘Húrin Thalion,’ said Morwen, ‘this I judge truer to say: that you look high and I fear to fall low.’
‘That at the worst you need not fear,’ said Húrin.>
That night Túrin half-woke, ...
A small additions only.
Quote:
... Húrin had passed over the shoulder of the hill, beyond which he could see his house no more.

NA-EX-16 {The Words of Húrin and Morgoth} <Sil77 27 Of the Fifth Battle: Nirnaeth Arnoediad, NA-EX-16.1 <CoH The Battel of Unnumbered Tears>
Many songs are sung and ...
Here I added the title given to the chapter in CoH tha that on that we had chosen from Sil77.
Quote:
Then Fingon looked out from the walls of Eithel Sirion, and his host was arrayed in the valleys and woods upon the east NA-EX-16.2 CoH {borders} of Eryd-wethion, well hid from the eyes of the Enemy; but he knew that it was very great.
This change is debatable, but I think in CoH the text from the Narn version is given in full.

Thus far for the moment. There is more to come soon.
Respectfully
Findegil

Last edited by Findegil; 05-17-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote