View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #108
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
A handful of tunic, and a twisting wrench, and the redheaded man lay wide-eyed and gasping on the rock ledge.

Then the blacksmith returned to the edge of the cliff. Erebemlin came to his side. Together they looked down, Mellondu in anger, Erebemlin looking pale and shaken.

"He gave his life for mine, " Mellondu said, "But what madness took Raefindan that he did this?"

Erebemlin said little, but wept. Bergil came to his side.

Erebemlin glanced at Tharonwe and Indil, black specs, still moving slowly across the far side. "Aim, " he said.

Once again Mellondu nocked an arrow, and bent his bow. He breathed, and gazed, and breathed, and gazed, and let fly.

The arrow glanced off a rock and down into the ravine.

Mellondu aimed again, and missed again. He cursed.

"Why do you not shoot, Erebemlin?" said Bergil.

Mellondu waited, gazing at the elf. Erebemlin's voice came quiet and slow.

"He called me as he fell, " the elf said. Fresh tears came. Pain shook his frame, and he knelt down at the edge of the cliff.

Mellondu grasped his shoulder, drawing him back, but the elf covered the blacksmith's hand in his own.

"Fear no rashness in me. I but grieve the boy. His end was swift, but his heart true."

Bergil gazed at the far off fugitives. "They will be out of sight in a moment, " he said.

As if he had not heard, Erebemlin bowed his head, and his tears fell in earnest. Bergil stood beside him, as did Mellondu. Bergil watched where THaronwe and Indil had gone out of sight. But Mellondu's gaze strayed more towards Raefindan, who had sat up, and was now watching the three at the edge.

Last edited by mark12_30; 10-16-2007 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling and such