View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 11:27 AM   #54
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Firondoiel calls to The Phantom "Hey, there's a kick-"

The Phantom silences her by putting a finger to his lips. "Don't mention it", he said returning to the table. "I'm going to keep it there until someone decides to kick me. Someone did this to me at one of Lord Fin's parties last winter, and no one kicked me the entire time. The guests had most likely heard of the little skirmish that took place two years ago when a band of trolls tried to steal one of my cloaks (to sell on E-bay of course)."

Everyone at the table turned a bit green, remembering what The Phantom had done, all by himself, to the dozen or so trolls. They knew he was a decent guy, but only to his friends.

Suddenly the dwarf darted around the table and gave The Phantom's leg a solid boot. "There, you can take it off now", the dwarf said with a grin. To the guests' horror, The Phantom's eyes suddenly turned a dull red, and a wind started swirling around the table. He rose out of his chair and reached behind his back. Everyone feared he had an unchecked weapon and started scrambling away from the table, but The Phantom merely pulled the sign off his back, and sat down with a hearty laugh as his eyes returned to normal and the wind subsided.

"You almost had me fooled", the dwarf said shaking his head and smiling.