View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 12:37 PM   #72
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maegaladiel's sensitive ears pick up a sound that sends chills down her spine, and coats her heart in frost. The terrible sound draws nearer. Her heart pounds, her breathing quickens. Oh no! Its--

"Ms. Maegaladiel! Miss! Over here!" DARN! She found her! Maegaladiel tries to hide herself in the crowd, but the reporter grabs her elbow. Trapped. Like a rat.

"Maegaladiel, I'm with the Middle Earth Times, remember me? Sunny Day?" Gads, how could Maegaladiel forget the reporter Sunny Day. The most annoying woman on the face of the planet. Despite her loating, Maegaladiel forces a smile.

"If I could just have a moment of your time, Maegaladiel..." Here we go.

"Maegaladiel is dressed in a stunning green dress with flowing peasant sleeves, hair and nails by Galdriel's Mirror Fortune Telling, Salon, and Day Spa, shoes by--" Sunny Day stops her chatter momentarily to look at Maegaladiel's sneakers.

"Wal-Mart" supplied Maegaladiel. Sunny decides to cut the wardrobe description from her article.

"Miss Maegaladiel, you're usually in the Shire, how do you find Gondor?" She asks.

"Turn left at Rohan" cracks Mae. Sunny looks slightly confused, but writes this down.

"While you're here at the Downies, will you still be promoting your cause?" she prompts. Mae nodds, adjusting her glasses.

"Yes,"she says. "I'll be asking for donations for my Foundation for Nearsighted Elves from anyone who will listen. We are very close to finding a cure for Elf Myopsy, as this is sometimes called, and we need all the help we can get." She hands the annoying reporter a booklet. "I'm the founder and poster child!" she adds proudly, pointing at her glasses. Sunny nods.

"I just have a few more questions for you, Miss Mae..." Jees Louise, doesn't this lady ever shut up?!

Ever looking for an escape route, Mae continues her interview, making a mental note to boycott the Middle Earth Times.