View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #268
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Elkamia still helped the brigade as they threw sand and water, and noticed the people running into the building. "The ale!" She muttered. "It'll go up like one of Gandalf's fireworks!" She broke from the ranks of the brigade and ran towards the Inn door. The flames were still licking at the walls, but a she didn't worry too much. 'As long as I watch my step, I'll be fine.' She thought.

She headed down the cellar, following her instincts in order to find the door down there. It was dark and she pulled from a pouch on her belt a clear round crystal, blazing with light. She had been a good friend to Gandalf before he passed to Fair Valinor, and he had made the light for her as a lamp at night; she had always hated the dark. Over in a corner, a man helped a woman up, and a barrel of ale had been spilled. She cursed beneath her breath, in the language of her people. One tiny flame could set alight that puddle, and thus the whole place. She touched the arm of the man.

"You should both get out of here." She said. her voice was soft and calm, but loud enough to be heard above the flames. The man looked at her, the young man from the edge of the forest. She turned slightly, hoping that he would follow her advice once he was done, and lifted one of the large ale barrels that had trapped the woman, keeping her from her escape route. The ceiling creaked, and Elkamia realised that it would soon fall in. Strengthening her grip on the large barrel, she hurried from the cellar, hoping that the two of them would follow.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.