View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #86
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
What? Huh? Really? First, you spend your posts using in character banter, and now you decide I'm guilty on a number slip? With all do respect, are you on something? This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen yet.
IC = late night for me and just few posts on the thread - and I've kind of lost my appetite for Captain Obvious -stuff.

Am I on something? Well I am actually on bagging us a wolf. And am pretty serious about it.

Oh, and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
What Boro said didn't make sense- he said that wolves are reasonable that gifteds aren't, implying that we ought to be lynching the reasonable ones.
Okay. Let's see what stirred all this talk...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
And how many times have we lynched gifteds because they need to look just as suspicious as wolves, but not too suspicious (making them look to us even more suspicious than the suspicious wolves) so the wolves don't kill them?

On the flip side, how many times do the reasonable, agreeable ones (myself often included in this, I admit) get free passes early, for being just that...reasonable and agreeable?
I really can't see what you see there Roa. I see there a reasonable remainder that we easily lynch gifteds as they need to look a bit suspicious in general (an especialy more inexperienced players may actually be a little nervous overreacting to things and thus look guilty, that can happen to a veteran as well) - and that wolves playing reasonable are easily slipping under our radars early on. To me that doesn't imply we should lynch the reasonable ones but to be careful / to remember there is this side as well.

Of course we should lynch those who look suspicious, but looking at the lynchings from several games backwards our statistics make pretty sad reading... So we should bear that in mind. It's a different thing to say than "lynch the reasonable / do not lynch suspicious looking people"!

So making a mountain out of a molehill?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote