Thread: Smials
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Smials

Suilaid,
There used to be a programme on British Television many moons ago called Switch Off Your Television Set and Do Something Completely Different, I'd like you to turn off you computer (just for a few hours every month) and do the same. In The Tolkien Society they have what are known as local Smials, meeting places for TolkFolk. There may be one near you, are you a member, if not why not?. I get great enjoyment from these monthly meetings, we discuss all things Tolkien the same as we do on The Barrow-Downs. So here is the reason for the post:- The Growth of the Tolkien World Community and the offer of Friendship. I would love to have the ability to travel the world and meet all of you, but that is unrealistic, but I have visited other smials here in England.

My Smial is The Rangers of the North (North-West England) we meet in Preston on the last Saturday of the month.

If you are a member of a Smial please leave your calling card on this thread so that others can see if they are near you.

If you wish a List Of Smials they can be found on The Tolkien Society Homepage or just ask me and I'll see if I can find out for you.

Belain na le.