Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 05:55 PM   #286
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
What a self-absorbed jerk, Panakeia thought as she pushed into the crowd of protestors, hurrying to regain her position at the mob's head. I have bigger fish to fry. Blue fish. She grinned.

It was a long march to White-all. Panakeia began to think that they group would never reach it in time to have a proper protest. She was right in thinking that the destination would never be attained, but the reason turned out to be most unexpected. As the WereHippies rounded a bend, the objects of their protest appeared directly ahead of them.

"Look! Look!" Panakeia shrieked. "It's the Istari themselves." Boos and a few shouts of "Istari, go home!" answered her announcement.

Pallando stepped forward. "Hello, Panakeia," he said.

Alatar was just behind, smirking evilly. "You haven't been doing your job, have you?" he added.

"Job? Of course I'm doing my job. Getting rid of you!" She shouted gleefully, and the WereHippies cheered.

"You fool," Pallando jeered. "Do you really think this protest matters to us? It exists only through our power, mishandled as it was by our late employee. We can be rid of it as easily as we were rid of him." He pointed a staff - the Grand Anakronist's staff, Panakeia noted in sudden alarm, but why? - at the crowd. In that moment the various ISMs that had afflicted the group were taken away.

Realizing that their lyco-hippo-thropISM was gone, the no-longer-were Hippies shouted for joy. "Hurray for Panakeia! We're cured. She led us to our cure."

But Panakeia, no longer filled with ISMs, found no happiness. The meaning of a few of the Istari's words began to frighten her. Late employee, they had said. And Pallando now wielded Anakron's staff.

"What did you mean by late employee?" she asked. "Late as in fired? Quit?"

"Dead."

"Dead? You...you...monster!" She flew at Pallando, only held back from clawing the wizard by a nearby hippie.

"Do not dare show your temper to me, unless you wish to meet the same fate," he hissed. "For now, I will let it pass." He smirked while Panakeia tearfully glowered at him. "If it gives you comfort, know that his last thought was to leave Mordor. He gave up the staff. Perhaps you can make his last wish come true and take him away from here, if only after death."

The wizards strode away. Panakeia gazed after them blankly, then turned and ran back toward the site of her last meeting with Anakron, followed at a short distance by two of the more sympathetic hippies.