View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 02:00 AM   #67
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Goodness I'm losing track of players and characters but I'm so glad we have so many so great players! Welcome everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
Lilly, Lommy and I have made our first sin against Tolkien and went along and purposely ignored that very explicit detail simply because it would be rather uncomfortable to have women with beards.
Well, to elaborate, I asked Groin about the issue and he said we can take everything that is said in the histories of M-E of Dwarves with a pinch of salt since history is always written by Elves or Men. I considered that as a valid point. But if a majority of the players prefers women with beards, we can change it. My main objection to Dwarf males and females looking alike is not that I would have anything against bearded women (such exist in the real world too, anyway) but rather that I cannot quite take for granted a description that says that the males and the females of a certain race are appearance-wise identical. (Although... hmm... that's kind of very equal, isn't it? But bah, if women differ from men by having less freedom and power in the Dwarven society, let them differ by appearance too. I cannot say it's very fair that their life is more restricted and that they are as ugly. ) Okay, I'll stop rambling now. Whatever we decide is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim
Just one question: when will the game actually begin?
As soon as we're ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
If Loni or Nali are just secondary characters I can take up one of them until they are killed.
Yes. Just one thing concerning them. I might be mistaken but I think they would be in some way important that they should be named that way in the book. So not maybe by rank, but they could be related to King Dáin, or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
Lommy, still has to get in her secondary character that she wants.
Yes, I'm debating about that. I have a tempting idea for a Dwarf woman, but on the other hand, I would love to have one really old Dwarf around... Maybe I will just pick one of these ideas for my character and use the other for an NPC because I think there will be those as well... I will have to think a little more. But I promise to be ready as soon as everybody else is - I can write a bio for either of those characters in half an hour.