View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #16
arathorn
Animated Skeleton

arathorn has just left Hobbiton.
The truth be said there is nothing that supports your thoughts about your interpretation. It's just a lonely passage with nothing backing that up while the other where Noldor and Numenoreans are seem as equal in height has a lot of notes including late ones.
I've seen you trying to match up Galadriel height of 6'4'' (as the tallest of all the woman of the Noldor) with you interpretation that the Noldor woman average 6'(ignoring "seldom less" in my opinion anyway) so she could be the tallest. Now come on!! we both know that even accepting your interpretation a 4 foot difference between the tallest and the average doesn't make sense at all.
That being said you tried to fit that so why can't you fit the other passages that are much easier. I mean that hole passage doesn't even make sense even more when he talks about Celeborn being 6'4'' too, even knowing he is a Teler LORD and recognized as tall, and by you 6'6'' is their average so how can he be below that??? - NOW THAT'S AN INCONSISTENCY WE SHOULD GIVE MORE WEIGHT TO.
arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote