Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 05:28 AM   #2116
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivriniel View Post
or - artan arsine arcos (I think), and there - artan - 'atani' - 'dislocates with artan - but Atani are hard?'

um about that 'it's hard' - I can't figure out the emphasis on 'hard'. Are the 'hard' trigonometric functions (or Hard could mean either a 'hard objecty thing' or a 'hard journey' or any of those in the middle earthy word. My head's exploding

The 'hard' Maths

Pythagorean, reciprocal and periodic functions - by name (just three)

erm - periodic - Meriadoc is disjoinish and Periodic Functions - are hard.
Pythagorean - Numenorean (if you dislocate at 'ean')
Reciprocal - can't think of any

or for Inverse Pythagorean functions, it's any number that doesn't cross multiply not= 1 or -1. And that's gotta be way too off course hahahaha unless you stretch it - hahaha

Are you allowed to interact with other posters about ideas like this, or are you just supposed to 'pop out the answer'?
Of course we can discuss things. If it helps, my own answer is based on interpreting "Trigonometric function dislocates itself. It's hard!" as "A word which is the anagram of a trigonometric function and which means (something) hard". Thus sine = Isen = iron. Whether I'm correct or not in this case, that is a typical way for cryptic clues to work.