View Single Post
Old 04-22-2002, 12:59 AM   #45
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

Stupid work, taking away from my barrowdowns time! I'm having trouble catching up and now I have to get to bed soon!
Okay, I found more questions, so I'll answer them!

How do you guys feel about including a *hmhm* sexual *hmhm* relationship in your story?

I generally don't like it, unless it is under the romance section and is just using a fantasy backdrop as its setting. But otherwise, no. I feel it (dare I say it) dirties the work.

Next, how do you keep track of names etc. and phrases you like, that pop into your head?

Very easily. I always have a pen and paper nearby, and I'm always writing down conversations that my characters have. Names are a bit harder, as I've mentioned before, but only with those two chars. (Eflil and Elfal). Otherwise they're quite easy! These are the names of the main characters in my story: (no touchy unless you thought of the same one too!) Aven Arheli, Deomer Durae(yes..I cheated with that one...so sue me), Aowae of the house of Shaorn, Gahren Grendlli, Cahil, Malithil, Elfal, Eflil, Ericei, Ilianirerieleman (that actually means something in my language), Sirey and many more.

Next, what inspires you? Is it everyday things, or something you read, or dreams? Or a mixture?

Mixture, definately. I've fallen asleep in Math class and woken up with divine inspiration! One time I had NO paper available so I started to write on my graphic calculator (which I am quite proficient at!) Dreams mainly though. Or I would recall something from one of my many made up worlds from my childhood and somehow incorporate it into my new world. If it's anything I read it must be Tolkien, but it's more of his style of writing that influences me. I also read many fantasy romance with faeries and magic, wizards etc. and the language used in dialogue is quite useful.

How do you feel about other people reading your work?

Hmm...well, as I've posted it online (ffnet) I must be alright with it. (It's not actually fanfiction, it's under the original category). But no one that I PERSONALLY know will I give my pen name to. *shrugs* It's gotten good reviews so far, so I'm fine with it.

Next, how long do you write for before you feel that it is finished and you can't do anymore without spoiling it?

Depends. Writing a good chapter for me can take anywhere from one day to two weeks. Writer's block DOES not help.

Do you illustrate your work or leave it to the reader's imagination? And do you want to design your own front cover or have someone else do it?

I am a good artist, but I'm not great. I can't portray my own characters the way I want to, so I've enlisted the help of a wonderful artiste friend of mine. She's drawing my characters anime style (my fave!). Actually, it's interesting to see how others portray my characters, so I would most definately let others illustrate the cover.