View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #1271
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
I had a surprise visit from a Downer today - TGEW and crew were travelling through my town and stayed the night. Then today we had a nice late breakfast of crepes, partially dropped hash browns and a vicious monster pancake. Now they have driven into the West in a swan-white vehicle.
I am so bad. I was so caught up with moving that I forgot to post my picture! Here's Oddwen and me hanging out! I'm the one in red.

20170826_142654(0).jpg

In other news, Laurinque, my boyfriend, and I went to visit with THE Ka since we live around the same parts these days. It had been a year since we had seen Ka, so it was nice to catch up. I didn't take any pictures, but I do have a funny story. We figured out that both of our boyfriends haven't read LotR (crazy because I always figured I'd fall in love with someone who already loved Tolkien, but I digress). Anyway, my boyfriend said that he wanted to join the Downs right then and there. I was like, "You can't join the Downs, you haven't even finished The Hobbit yet!". My boyfriend proceeded to pull the Downs up on his phone and tried to open an account. The security question was "What was the name of Gandalf's horse." He didn't know the answer and as I was crying out, "Don't give him the answer!", Ka had already spilled the beans. So yeah, my boyfriend will be joining the Downs at some point, but hopefully he actually reads Lord of the Rings before he joins. We have no immediate plans to hang out with Ka again, but it's definitely in the cards for before Christmas.