View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #144
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
My opinion of PJ just dropped so much. He sued them??? What? How could he?
ElantariGreenleaf ... let us say that you and I entered into a legally binding contract to do some bit of business together. It ended up being wildly successful, far more than we ever had a right to expect, and money rolled in like water over Niagra. We both ended up rich. I kept the books and financial accountings while you were the talent end of the partnership. You were provided with evidence that I had not paid you all that the contract said you were entitled to. In fact, the amount in question was in the millions of dollars.

The contract said that if a dispute arose about distribution of revenues, either party was entitled to an independent examination of the books. But when you asked me to provide those books to you - I refused claiming that I was insulted that you did not trust me. Besides, you already are rich from the deal and I paid you enough.

This is what we have in the case of Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema. Everyone who enters into such an agreement is entitled to have all the terms of the contract enforced fairly.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote