View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 12:08 AM   #14
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Second Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
But how do you people do these neat starting line-ups as whatever I try they end up being in a row...?
I haven't the slightest clue. Just thought I'd point out that to keep the thread from getting flooded whenever you make a trade, instead of reposting your team just edit your original team please. It'll make it easier for arcticstorm and I to tabulate points.

As for my team.

Formation: 4-3-3

GK:
Ulmo (Gondolin)

DF:
Glirdan (Barrow-Downs)
Ancalagon the Black (Angband)
Aule (Valinor)
Celeborn (Lothlorien)

MF:
The Phantom (Barrow-Downs)
Durin's Bane (Moria)
Sam (Shire)

FW:
Sleepy Ranger (Barrow-Downs)
Sauron (Mordor)
Melkor (Angband)

I picked Ulmo as my goalkeeper because he does seem to be a good talent as Saucepan Man too has spoted. I'm certain the the 'Downs defence will leak goals but Glirdan got an assist last season and I reckon he may be running forward a lot this season as well. I've picked Ancalagon and Aule because of their defensive prowess. I'm quite confident that they can bring home clean-sheet points.

As for forwards, well somebody *has* to pick *me*. I was in two minds about the other two first. I reckoned Sauron and Witch-King would pair up brilliantly and not only score but create as well. Eventually I decided to give Angband's front-man Melkor a look. I could always transfer out if there's any need for a change.

Also, I thought I'd take this oppurtunity to tell you how saves per match are calculated. Did you notice how in the friendlies under shots there were two numbers? The one in the bracket is assumed to be the number of shots saved. If there is any difference it will be noted. Just in case you wish to verify the scores.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 07-05-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote