View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 11:48 AM   #420
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ooh how lovely to have worked as a florist .. I do love flowers but I don't think I am creative enough. A snake would have finished me off .... it is the unpredictable way they move with frogs that gets me since at least in this country they aren't dangerous. And also if you have assumed something is a small stone it is extremely disconcerting for it to move at all..... the worst time was years ago ... I was alone in the house becasue my parents had gone to my sister's graduation and I had stayed up late and (stupidly) watched one of those true life crime programmes about women being attacked by intruders and even though it is really as safe a neighbourhood as you could find, I thought I would double check the doors.... So I went into the hallway and something moved ... and I screamed .... and it was a frog.... don't know if the cat had brought it in through the flap or it had hopped in while the doors were open (it was a hot summer day) ... but it was there. Since it was so late, I was tempted just to go to bed since I was fairly sure it couldn't manage the stairs (or the door..) but the idea of it being somewhere downstairs waiting to pounce the next morning was too much..... so I improvised on the glass and postcard technique for removing spiders and grabbed a wastepaper basket.. of course everytime I was about to drop the basket over the frog the wretched thing jumped, every time the frog jumped I screamed (and felt ridiculous and worried that the neighbours would think I was being murdered ) ......was so relieved when I finally trapped it...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote