View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #62
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
I'm not arguing to like it. I don't particularly like it myself. You are correct that ultimately it is our only tool to secure victory.

What I am arguing is that because DAY ONE lynches usually (not always, obviously) are not positive for the village that we take a deliberate step to slow down the pace of the killing.
I agree - I am usually for lynching Day 1, too. I want to hold our fire toDay partially because we want to keep our numbers up as long as we can, partially because Day 1 lynches can be particularly dangerous for Gifteds, and we desperately need to keep those alive, and partially because we will gain no real information about the person we lynch. We will not learn their alignment, and they probably will not have said enough to tie them back to their fellow wolves even if they did end up being wolves. I think a Day 2 lynch would be much more telling. So, yes, not lynching anyone leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I do think it would be the best choice to hold off this time, just for toDay.

Edit: Xed with Lommy