View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 09:21 AM   #418
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
This is fantastic!!!!!!!! I love this video, it turned out beautiful!
Thank you! The only thing I didn't manage to do was have the Tengwar literally write themselves onto the screen; that would be a vastly more involved project.

Quote:
Did you draw any of the pictures in the beginning?
Ha, no. ^_^ I spent about half an hour on Wikimedia Commons finding public-domain drawings that would work for each attribute - 'heather' was the easiest, while deciding what to use for 'memory' and 'fate' were the hardest. Huan is here an Irish Wolfhound, because... wolf.

Quote:
Not sure. I mean, if we get to the "turn it over to the pros to do it properly" stage, I relinquish all rights to whoever can sing it better. But for the "let's do it ourselves" stage, I think recent events just proved how much I love singing the Lament (I have a good chunk of it memorized in Quenya too now, it's really annoying when it gets stuck in my head in Quenya). So, going with that, I guess Galadriel? Which is also very fitting, all names considered. Though maybe Aria will change my mind.
Oh, yeah, if we get Actual Singers to do the whole thing I'll drop singing completely! But for the Original Cast Recording, I'll make a note not to give Galadriel away. ^_^

Quote:
I updated all links in the intro post, Minions have the glitchless video, and Lament has the Quenya link. ^.^ By the way, I've also been indexing your live action videos there. Do you have any objections to that?
Perfectly happy to have them listed; I've put them in the Libretto too. They're entirely silly, but this whole project edges that way. ^_^

Quote:
Good news, today I got another new pair of earphones (aaaaah-gain ), and having tested them with several runs of Nainie I think they work just fine. So I shall resume attempts on Aria in the coming days.
Hooray! Can't wait to hear it.

Right, so I've had one of my routine bouts of that insanity which whispers 'Maybe Sindarin isn't that bad...', and have started trying to do the Duel in Sindarin. (Sauron, having been in Middle-earth the whole time, would never have learnt Quenya... ) It turns out Sindarin is that bad, and half an hour's work got me all of two lines:

Le beren athrad i 'lann nín pengarfad annin
Sí gwêath a faeath muil dhínin di nidh nín

"You are bold [= 'beren' ^_^] to cross my border without speaking to me
Here all creatures and all souls are silent slaves to my will"

dhínin is the epitome of Sindarin here: it's the barely-recognisable lentited plural form of dínen, as in Rath Dínen.

On the less my-mind-is-melting side, I've also done another paper cutout!

Thus it was that Men called King Felagund, whom they first met of all the Eldar, Nóm, that is Wisdom.

I'm actually wondering about reverting to paper cutouts for the prologue/Act 2 prologue/epilogue images, at least for the faces. Looking at the shot of the Oath in the compiled Tracks 1-4 video, it struck me how goofy most of the faces look; they're very hard to do properly when they're so small! The only digitally-drawn face that really adds anything is Sauron in his fan-dancer shot, so why not lean into the stylised thing and just remove them? I've done other art which looks perfectly fine with blank faces.

I dunno; what are your thoughts? It'll be the first and last thing people see in the final video, so I want to get it right.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote