View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #16
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
The Nazgul are undead and can reach us. Us? Well, whatever.

I can remember, into my early teens, pulling the covers up even over my head because if I was covered the Nazgul might know I was there but couldn't get to me. Totally irrational, of course.

Certainly mine. It's distressing that there are not more folks who have the same fear. (sigh) As in, what's wrong with me? (not asking for answers)
Can't remember ever having a nightmare involving the Nazgul. Sure, they were creepy scary, but unlike the usual undead, never desired my blood, brains or flesh. If one were to stand in their way, most likely one would feel their wrath (pun intended), but sans Ring, would you even see one? You just have to face it, lmp, they're just not into you (or just what does lmp have in his pocketses...).

Sam's Gaffer spoke with one and lived to tell about it. Glorfindel and Aragorn never seemed too afraid. Eowyn bags the worst of the worst when he was at his best.

Can remember reading the scene at Weathertop and wondering even more 'just what makes these things tick?' What were their histories? Etc.

Got to get one into the lab someday.