Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 08:38 AM   #4616
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien, White Lady of Rohan, looked up at her husband. "And what might this be?"

Faramir glanced down at the Cormarė gift he had purchased for his wife. "A new thing out of Harad," he said. "They name it 'corset'; it is like to your binding-cloths, but perhaps more shapely."

Eowyn held the corset up before the sunlight, considering its lines. "It has the look of armour about it," she mused, "yet how could I fight when so constrained? Unable to bend, barely able to breathe, I should swiftly fall. No," she decided, lowering it onto her lap and meeting her husband's gaze with no hint of apology, "this may serve for the courtiers of Mundburg, but not for a Shieldmaiden of Ithilien."

"Ah." A smile fleeted across Faramir's face as the prince stepped forth to embrace his wife. "You misunderstand, my lady," he murmured, his breath warm upon her ear. "This gift... it is not for the battlefield, nor for the training ground." The smile returned, touched with mischief. "I believe it is intended to remain entirely within our own chambers."

"Ah." A flush of rose coloured Eowyn's cheeks, their fires lighting a sparkle in her eyes. "Ah."
(Sorry, sorry, but you should know better than to drop plot suggestions like that. )

Moving on!

1. The rider is but half what he is named; he must go south with the company.
2. Twice following, so i'th'name of laughter is the fiery maid transformed.
3. Sister to one of our own, she comes from the shore: send her back.
4. Enraged with the staff or wrathful and strange? Either way, two must fall before the lord in the north.
5. Low riddling is yet above the half-wise.
6. In water he found patience, yet fire claimed his fire in the end.
7. A legendary maid at the window tumbles back, and the missing queen appears.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote