View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 02:01 PM   #111
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"You need to see she doesnt hurt herself." Tallin tried reasoning with the angry Dimithil, and hoping he wouldnt see the irony in the request, when he had recently attempted to kill her...

"Harm herself?!" Dimithil almost shouted, gesturing wildly at Raye. "What about me? Raye is a murderess, or have you forgotten?"

Ah, so he did see the irony...

"Raye will not harm you." Belle came in here, placing her hand lightly on her brothers forearm, trying to calm him down. Tallin smiled at her; they both knew he hadnt bee talking about Dimithil being harmed by Raye. But it seemed Dia was as upset as Dimithil, and in the same way as Belle had tried to soothe her brother, so Jet was trying to calm down Dia, but not to much avail.

After a brief conversation, in which Tallin could see Raye watching and reacting, Tallin glared at Dia.

"Obsidian..." She growled. The wolf gave in.
"Fine fine. But Im not guaranteeing I wont hurt the murderess."

Murderess. It seemed that was simply how Raye was branded. Tallin smiled slightly at Raye, trying to comfort her, but the woman looked away. Tallin didnt say anything- she knew how she felt, about Berethion...it still hadnt fully sunk in that he was dead it seemed. She had seen deaths before, but someone so close...

No. Keep busy, must keep busy...

"Come on, Hwesta, Belle, Jet. We wont lose another member of our group. Jet, you lead. Come here..." She had found a small necklace, of fine make, with a small, finely carved, horse centre piece and, knowing of Arrelles love of horses, she guessed it was hers. She hoped it would have enough of her scent on it. Dangling it in front of Jet, she let him pick up the scent and after a few moments of snuffling about, he nodded. "Got it. This way. Tell them to go the other way, she may have wandered."

Raye nodded. "Aye, good idea. Dimithil, we're going this way."

"Dont tell me what to do, murderess." He snapped back, but Tallin cut across before he even finished the last word, covering the space between them in a few quick steps until she was face to face with him.

"Dont call her that." She said quietly, her voice as dangerous as a wolfs growl. "She has a name. Dont ever call her that."

Dimithil was startled and lost his composure for a moment. Then he inclined his head sharply. "Fine." He said, just as sharply. Then he started off, not waiting for the other two with him. Tallin sighed, but she also had to go, and didnt have time to wonder about the others.

"Aye, we must go as well. Jet, lead the way."