View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #254
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
What...you find Turbine's vision of Middle earth disturbing...say it ain't so!
I didn't say it is disturbing, or in any case, I don't find it disturbing per se - it has many very beautiful places (or most of them, actually) - but the main problem with me is that I am strongly against any attempts to visualise Middle-Earth in the first place in any other way than in paintings. LOTRO is fine, but it just "breaks the spell": it isn't really Middle-Earth however hard I try. Once again, that isn't bad. I think the game is great and I think they could have hardly done better than that. The "breaking the spell" effect is inherent to it: it is something that has to be there, it comes naturally. It is just that there is the threshold you can never cross. PJ didn't, those folks don't either.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote