View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #9
radagastly
Shade of Carn Dûm

radagastly is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
there's a movie by the actor who plays Aragorn (I can't remember his name right now... see?)
Viggo Mortensen

Quote:
An interesting voice for Smaug would be Kiefer Sudderland (Spelling?)
Kiefer Sutherland. His father is Donald Sutherland who was in the original movie of M*A*S*H and Ordinary People, among many others. They're both good actors.

I guess I've always thought of Hugh Jackman as Bard. The role would have to be somehow expanded or enhanced, since it's the leading man. You'd probably have to inject a love interest to keep that part of the story moving until Bilbo and company catch up to it.

Casting Beorn is more interesting. You could go with Robbie Coltrane but you'd just end up with Hagrid. Someone else should have a turn. I'll have to think on it. It should be someone wild enough to pull off their part in the final battle.

There are so many dwarves that they would probably end up as a mixture of famous cameos and unknowns. I'd have to re-read the book before answering in order to get them all just right.

Thorin has an air of aristocracy about him. Perhaps Jason Isaacs, who played Malfoy senior in Harry Potter ? Not sure on that one myself, yet.