View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 03:48 PM   #242
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
White Tree Ędegard

They were out of Lorien before the sun had risen halfway up the sky. No matter what Amroth might say, Ędegard was going to stay in it - for now. He had many questions that he knew Amroth would never answer. But now there was another Elf, Erebemlin, who looked to have answers, and might be willing to give them. As they continued on, Ędegard moved among the company until he was by Erebemlin.

"Sir, I would speak with you, just you and I, if you are willing."

Erebemlin looked at him quizzically, nodded, and together they moved off a little way, riding side by side.

"I have many questions about this quest we are on, sir-"

"You have my leave to call me Erebemlin, mellon."

"Thank you. I do not know which question to ask first, there are so many, but this is the way of it. I met a Gondorian blacksmith a few weeks back, and enjoyed his friendship for a few hours. I came to think that I knew what kind of lad he was. Then he came ill, and the next time I saw him, he was as you see him now, Amroth. What has become of my blacksmith friend? Is he gone? Is he hidden? Does Amroth have his willingness to use his body? Is my friend even alive anymore? And if so, will he ever come back?"